Tips for preparing to interview
As professional recruiters, we would like to share with you a few valuable tips to consider while recruiting.
- Before you start recruiting, make sure you know exactly what you’re looking for, more time spent developing a thorough specification of the role and the person means less time and money wasted making a poor hiring decision. Then think about BSC!
- Be prepared before your candidate arrives, don’t leave them waiting, greet them warmly and make them feel at ease.
- Develop interview questions tailored to the role and ask all candidates the same questions.
- Involve other people in the hiring and decision making process, such as the people they will have most contact with.
- Recruiting is a two way process, they are assessing you too!
- The interview is a process to determine if the candidate is the right fit, not to catch them out! It should be a positive experience. Make the candidate feel comfortable and relaxed and you’ll see more of the real person than putting them under unnecessary pressure.
- In a competitive market for talent – it is important to sell your company and the role to the candidate just as much as it is to assess their suitability.
- One should source /hire good candidates, if you don’t, your competitors will.